It's February here in Thornton, Colorado, and typically it's a very cold month, you want your furnace performance to be at its peak. Thus far this February we have seen a ton of snow, follow Cozy Comforts tips to improve your furnace performance. If you are having heating problems contact Cozy Comfort
Improve Your Furnace Performance
Call Cozy Comfort Today
- Ensure your furnace filter is clean: An air filter that is clogged with dust and debris makes your furnace work harder. A dirty filter can cause a slew of issues that can affect your furnace performance. We recommend that you replace your furnace filter every month. Set a reminder on your phone and you'll never forget.
- Keep vents clear: Make sure that all of your vents are clear, inside and outside the home. High-efficiency furnaces have vents that lead outside your home. These are often located at ground level. During the extreme cold, make sure they are clear of any debris, ice and snow as blockages could cause a malfunction or breakdown.
- Avoid cranking up the temperature: Try not to increase the temperature on your thermostat. If you have a fireplace leverage that to warm up quickly. Make sure that you set your programmable thermostat.
- Don’t lower the thermostat setting: Is your thermostat programmed for lower temperatures when no one is at home, or at night? Doing so helps conserve energy but avoid doing this during extreme cold weather as your furnace will have a hard time raising temperatures to desired levels. It will also use more energy to do so.
- Maintain your furnace: Regular furnace inspections, maintenance, and repairs will help optimize the performance and lifespan of your heating system. It also helps lower your energy bills. Remember that a malfunctioning or neglected furnace runs a high risk of breaking down when you need it most.
for a home heat evaluation, or for any of your water heater repair needs. (303) 357-9807