Winter is here, and soon we’ll be experiencing the fury of flurries and storms. This is the time of the year we have a significant number of calls for heating repair and furnace installation.
Don’t let yourself face an oncoming blizzard with a broken furnace. A little planning for preventative care can go a long way to keeping your family safe and warm this winter.
The rush to get service means we can become backlogged by the number of requests for assistance we receive. This is why we highly encourage people to contact
us before the worst of the winter hits Thornton. This way you’ll get timely service, and you’ll be prepared to handle the cold nights with a thoroughly serviced heating system or a brand new furnace.
REPAIR OR REPLACE? WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
There are signs of when it’s time to have your furnace or boiler replaced. By themselves, none of them indicate you should replace your furnace. However, ask yourself the following questions to give yourself an idea about the state of your furnace.
- Is your furnace older than 15 years old?
- How many times in the past two winters have you had to have repair work done?
- Does it make any unusual squealing, rattling, humming, or other usual sounds?
- Do you see any unusual rust, crack, or corrosion on the casing?
- Has your heating bill suddenly increased? Ask your neighbors what they pay for heating, if they are paying significantly less, it could be the sign of a problem. Also, older furnaces often aren’t energy efficient, and they have higher costs.
If you have any of these problems, it’s a sign you should have an experienced HVAC technician inspect your heating system.
Schedule your maintenance or repair today!