- Why is my AC blowing hot air? Check your thermostat: Find an air vent that is centrally located in your home or property. If the cool air has stopped flowing, the first thing you should do is check your thermostat. If the thermostat is NOT working:
- If your thermostat display is blank, start with the batteries.
- If the display is still blank, remove the thermostat from the wall and check the wires to make sure it’s getting power. Use a multimeter to check the voltage.
- If there is no voltage, check your fuse box to see if any fuses have been blown or tripped.
- If it’s getting power, but the screen is still blank, go outside and check the condenser to see if a fuse has been tripped.
- If your thermostat still isn’t working, it may be time to replace it. Check the warranty to see if it’s expired.
- Why is there ice on my AC unit coils? Is your ac freezing up? Almost all air conditioner freeze-ups are created by a loss of refrigerant or a reduction of airflow to the evaporator coils. If your air conditioner is freezing up, the first thing you should do is turn it off. If you continue to run it, the compressor could be damaged. Proper airflow is essential to a well-running air conditioning unit. Make sure you have a clean filter and proper airflow running through your AC to the furnace unit. Try and turn on the fan to move air around while you have the AC unit off. It should be up and running within the next 23-48 hours. If your AC is still not working call Cozy Comfort and we will be out to your home ASAP to fix your AC unit.
If your facing issues with your AC, read the common AC questions that we hear from our customers.